What is naturopathic healthcare and how could it benefit my company?
Naturopathic healthcare combines modern and traditional approaches to support a wide variety of health conditions from the common cold to pain and depression. Naturopathic doctors are the experts in natural medicine.
Naturopaths look for the root cause of illness and strive to use the most natural means to assist the body in healing itself. Exercise, lifestyle, diet, breath work, herbal medicine, vitamins, acupuncture and craniosacral therapy comprise a portion of the services offered. No matter what the ailment, the whole person is taken into account.
Is Naturopathic Care Really Safe and Well Studied?
Naturopathic doctors complete a four-year post-graduate medical program that specializes in natural primary and chronic care. Naturopathic care is safe and effective. An emerging body of research is showing on the benefits on naturopathic care:
- Cardiovascular health: Those at high risk for heart disease reduced their incidence of metabolic syndrome (a major factor of heart disease) with naturopathic care and experienced an overall decrease in their 10-year risk of coronary artery disease. (1)
- Pain reduction: Chronic low back pain was significantly reduced under naturopathic care as compared to conventional care, with incidental improvements in body weight and spinal flexion. Naturopathic care was also found to be more cost-effective with employers receiving a 7.9% return on investment in care. (2)
- Mental health: Employees with chronic anxiety disorder experienced a 56% reduction in symptoms under naturopathic care with additional improvements in concentration, fatigue, social functioning, vitality and overall quality of life. (3)
- Diabetes: Quarterly visits to a naturopathic doctor for diabetes care resulted in significant blood sugar reductions over regular treatment alone, with increases in physical activity and improvements in mood. (4)
- Children's health: Naturopathic care for children's ear pain was shown to be well tolerated, safe and produced better outcomes than treatment with antibiotics. (5)
Your Return on Investment
- Corporate wellness yields $3.50 for every $1 invested. (6)
- Illness is the greatest source of productivity loss. Companies who bring in corporate wellness experience a 32% reduction in sick leave. (7)
- Corporate wellness education can reduce healthcare costs by 20% to 55% (8)
- The average company saves approximately $350 per employee per year by using low risk programs to keep employees healthy (9)
Getting the best of both worlds: complementing acute with chronic and preventive care
- While the U.S. is number one in heroic care (emergencies, accidents, etc…) the World Health Organization reported that the United States ranks 37th out of 131 countries in the world (right in between Costa Rica and Slovenia) in terms of quality health care for chronic disease – the issues most people live with, and die from. (10)
- In 2010, New England Journal of Medicine reported that the United States is 36th in life expectancy, while ranking number one in cost, with costs of almost two and a half times the global average. (11)
- The Journal of the American Medical Association reported that drugs themselves, properly used (not overdosed), are the fourth leading cause of death alone. (12)
- A 2005 New England Journal of Medicine study showed that life expectancy for children in that year will be lower than that of their parents – the first time life expectancy has dropped in the modern age. (13)
The Power of Prevention
- Medical research has shown about 40% - 45% of all cancers are preventable through diet and lifestyle choices (14)
- Your DNA and genetics isn't your destiny. For example, research shows that if you have a gene for stroke, you can block it by eating a Mediterranean style diet (15)
- About 70% of "disease" genes may be turned on or off based on how we 'bathe' our genes through choices in food, lifestyle, sleep, exercise, toxin burden, and supplementation (16)
- Preventable illnesses make up 70% of illness costs in the United States (17)
Inner Source Wellness Programs
The basis for change is education, awareness and mindfulness – below, we offer the options that we have seen most successful in propelling patients toward greater health and personal development:
- Individual workplace lectures - pay per lecture
- Lecture packages – packages of 4, 6 and 12 per year
- Lecture and Cleansing package – includes bi-yearly 14 or 30 day cleansing program for company employees and a 5% employee discount on all visits at our clinic and on home visits
Lectures are available in the workplace during breakfast, lunch or after work hours. Individual lecturers and lecture topics are listed below. More topics available upon request.
How does your company get started on the road to health?
Contact our office manager, Dana Benci at 631-421-1848 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an informational session with one of our providers and learn more about our different wellness programs.
Suggested Natural Medicine Lecture Topics
Is there a health topic you would like to learn more about that is not listed? Inner Source Health will cover any health topics in which your company or group may have a special interest. Please let us know the topic in advance and we will be happy to create a lecture for your needs.
Where Have Inner Source Practitioners Spoken?
- Barron's Top Winners Circle Advisors Summit – Palm Beach, FL
- Barclay's – New York City
- Saatchi and Saatchi – New York City
- UBS – New York City
- King Kullen Corporate Offices – Bethpage, NY
TV / Radio
- The Dr. Oz Show - The Katie Couric Show
- FOX News (national)
- FOX News (New York, Seattle)
- Veria Channel
- Hallmark Channel
- Long Island News 12
- Z-100 Radio (New York)
- View additional video appearances by our staff on our website
- American Cancer Society – 100th Anniversary – Farmingdale, NY
- Natural Gourmet Institute – New York City
- Strength for Life Cancer Support – Long Island
- GAIA Women's Conference – Long Island
Conferences and Professional
- American Holistic Medical Association – St. Louis, MO
- American Association of Naturopathic Association - Palm Beach, CA and Keystone, CO
- New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians – New York City
- American Clinical Nutrition Conference – Orlando, FL
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine – New York City
- New York Medical College – Westchester, New York
- University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey – Newark, NJ
- Bastyr University – Seattle, WA
- Integrative Medical Conference (formerly CAM Expo) – New York and Los Angeles
- One Medical – New York City
Your Corporate Wellness Experts are:
Dr. Pina LoGiudice has been hailed by Dr. Mehmet Oz as a 'world expert' in natural medicine. She has made frequent appearances as a health expert on the Dr. Oz show, Katie Couric Show, and other major media (Fox News, Long Island News, Veria Channel). Dr. LoGiudice is a naturopathic doctor and licensed acupuncturist. She serves as medical director of the Inner Source Health Clinic in Long Island. "Dr. Pina" began her career in research as a pre-doctoral fellow at the National Institutes of Health and completed her medical training at Bastyr University in Seattle, the leading institution for science-based natural medicine. Well-known for her work in holistic fertility and pregnancy, women's medicine, and pediatrics, Dr. Pina has built the Northeast's first naturopathic center for women's health, pregnancy and children in Huntington, New York.
Learn more about Dr. Pina LoGuidice »
Dr. Peter Bongiorno
is medical director of the Inner Source Health Clinic in Manhattan. His interest in natural medicine began while doing research at Yale University, which was followed by a pre-doctoral fellowship at the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Bongiorno lectures at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NYU, the Natural Gourmet Institute and appears on the Veria channel and FOX news as a natural medicine expert. Dr. Bongiorno authored the physician's textbook Healing Depression and his latest book: How Come They're Happy and I'm Not? - The Complete Natural Program for Healing Depression for Good. An inspirational, charming and passionate leader in the natural medicine field – he is well-known to captivate and motivate his audience.
Learn more about Dr. Peter Bongiorno »
Visit Dr. Peter's dedicated website »
For More Information
Inner Source Health Office Manager